2.5 oz. of Makers Mark (or any bourbon of your choice)
.3 oz. of mint-infused simple syrup
.75 of cup of sugar
2 cups of freshly chopped mint
- First make Mint-infused simple syrup.
- Take the mint and lay it out on a cutting board, then pour the sugar over it.
- Using a dough roller to crush the sugar and mint together.
- Now prepare a simple syrup using equal parts of water to sugar. Then add your mint, to your taste.
- Add crushed ice to a highball glass.
- Pour add the Mint Infused Simple Syrup and then the Bourbon.
- Garnish with Mint Leaves.
This cocktail was made at Tark’s Grill, which is located in an area affectionately referred to as the “The Station.” So if you are from out of town, the formal name is Greenspring Station.
Tark’s is a favorite of many in the Lutherville area. On warm days and nights you can eat outside in the courtyard surrounded by flowers, bushes and a water fountain. What better way to woo your girl, than to dine outside with that ambiance? Inside there are three parts to the restaurant: the formal seating area, the bar with its own eating area and a private eating area. Tark’s Grill is modeled on the traditional American Bistro with an emphasis on succulent aged steaks and local seafood favorites.
Will Shriver our bartender in this video has been in the industry for seven years. Despite making a classic rather than a true signature cocktail for this video, Will does enjoy creating his own cocktails, and has a good ear to figure out what guests want, if they have something in mind.
“Mint Julep,” a cocktail known for its association with Triple Crown, is also a great summer cocktail, that is very refreshing, especially if you live in Baltimore with its humid evenings. Fresh mint combines with the smoky flavor of the bourbon and the mild sweet taste of the mint-infused simple syrup for a balanced beverage.