- 1.5 oz. of Remy Martin Cognac
- Absinthe rinse
- Couple of dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 sugar cubes or 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Orange zest
- Spray Old Fashioned Glass with Absinthe rinse.
- Muddle 2 sugar cubes or the 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Add 1.5 oz. of Remy Martin Cognac.
- Add orange zest to the glass.
- Add ice to the glass.
- Add a couple of dashes of Peychaud’s Bitters.
- Stir cocktail.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition when Kacy Catanzaro, a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University, competed on American Ninja Warrior. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. However, Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it serves more elevated cuisine than the typical chicken wings and mozzarella sticks of most other local joints. Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will enjoy their Scotch selection.
This signature cocktail is a complex one that will be enjoyed by those with experienced palates. The primary ingredient, the Remy Martin Cognac, lends a sweetness to the drink while the Peychaud’s Bitters brings spicy notes, all complemented by the Absinthe Rinse.
Maya Mehta has been bartending at Bread and Circuses for three years. Fortunately she has returned from a brief hiatus (for a trip to Fiji), so look for more of her videos soon.