Break out the vuvuzelas, Baltimore – it’s time for World Cup!
On June 12, the month long tournament begins and, if you’re like us, we know you’ve been ready for this since stadium lights dimmed in Johannesburg after the World Cup in 2010. Of course, you can catch matches at home, but why not get out and join in the spirit of excitement about the Beautiful Game? We think these are some of the best specials from every corner of Charm City and are just the excuse you need for a little day drinking, right?
So, go out and drink, eat, and cheer on your team of choice at these top spots in Baltimore:
– You and five friends can “rent” out the bar at By Degrees Cafe: 6 reserved spots at the bar in front of the TV and with immediate service. $110 bucks for all six spots will get you six sandwiches, six beers/drinks, and six desserts. If your team wins, you win a round of drinks.
-Open for virtually all games including Mondays (not open on Tuesdays)
-Miguel’s World Cup Club: $60 gets you membership in the club which includes your own bottle of El Jimador tequila (special edition World Cup bottles with US team logo!), a World Cup shirt featuring Miguel’s and El Jimador, and 20% of all food purchases during games.
-$3 Carslberg (16 oz cans)
– Rotating specials, including an occasional special on the Brazilian Margarita at $8
– Foosball tournaments with games to be played on brand new tables between matches
For the USA v Portugal match:
– $1 Wings all day
– 1/2 priced appetizers during the game
– Bottomless chips or fries with purchase of food
– Two beers will be on special between $2 – $3.50 during games.
– For the last five days of the tournament, domestic and import bucket specials will be available for $14 – $20 with five bottles in each bucket.
– Bud Light buckets for $10 (5 bottles)
– $3 Corona bottles
– Food and drink specials during all matches
– Weekly raffles during the Cup – for every $20 spent while watching the matches, you will get 20 raffle tickets for a weekly prize.
– Budweiser specials
– Food discounts
– 30 televisions with sound
– Happy hour pricing which includes: 2 for 1 pitchers, $2 domestic drafts, $2.50 domestic bottles, $2.50 import and craft drafts, $6 for 10 jumbo wings, $3 rail, $7 16” pizza, $4 nachos
*Happy hour prices are during games except when O’s are home.
– $4 Carlsberg and Guinness
– $3 Bud and Bud Light 16oz bottles during every game
– Daily giveaways and chances to win a Carlsberg foosball table
– $3 Bud and Bud Lite bottles
– $5 Stella drafts
– $6 1 lb of wings
Additional promotions during USA games.
– $3 Heineken, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow Ciders
– $14 Heineken buckets
– $5 Leblon Cachaca drinks
– 25 oz mug for $20 including first draft. Bring to every game for discount on drafts. Sold and honored at Abbey Burger Bistro and No Idea Tavern and honored at Smaltimore.
– Abbey Burger Bistro and Smaltimore are open for every match, with sound.
– $3 beers
– Appetizer specials
– 25% off select bottles from participating countries
– $3 Natty Boh
– $4 Carlsberg
– $5 Guinness and Magners
– Wear your jersey for a chance to win prizes.
– $2.75 select draft beers during all games Monday through Friday
– $3 Bud Light bottles
– Free house shots for every USA goal
– Weekend games – $3 select draft beers,$3 Bud Light bottles and the same shot specials during USA games
– The pub is also showing support for a team from each group: Brazil, Australia, Ivory Coast, Italy, France, Argentina and South Korea. There will be shot specials for each goal those teams make as well.
– $4 crushes
– $2 off craft beers on tap
– $1 off domestics
– $7.99 wings
– $6.99 nachos
– $8.99 crab dip
– $8.99 ½ lb steamed shrimp
– $4 Evolution Summer Session
– $3 Bud light aluminums
– $3 Carlsberg
– $3.50 Modelo
– $3 Heineken/Heineken light
Monday through Friday:
– $8 Tres Fish Tacos
– $6 Burgers
– $5 Crushes (excluding Cadillac)
– $5 Wine
– $3 Natty Boh, Corona, Dos XX
– $3 Dos Equis Amber, Coors Light, Yuengling, Carlsberg and Magic Hat #9
– $5 Fireball and Jameson shots
– $21 buckets of beer
– $5: Fish and chips, hummus, wings, chicken tenders
– $7 Bangers and mash
That’s the rundown so far, but we promise to keep the list updated as more of our favorite bars dive into the fun. We’d love to hear from you in the comments about any specials that you know!
And if you’re traveling and don’t want to miss a game? Check out Buzzfeed’s list which includes the top bar in each state to watch the World Cup:
Find the schedule for the matches at: