- 3 oz Hakutsuru Junmai sake.
- 1/2 Domaine De Canton ginger liqueur.
- 3/4 oz of freshly juiced red beets.
- mintfor garnish.
- Pour the sake into a shaker or highball glass.
- Add the ginger liqueur.
- Add the freshly juiced red beets.
- Once all ingredients are added and stirred with ice, strain into cocktail glass.
- Take a mint leaf and smack it to release oils then add to cocktail. (if you so choose take mint leaf and run it around the glass rim)
The brands listed are not necessary they are the ones that Julia used. The name “Rojo Joya” is Red Jewel in Spanish. Our bartender Julia Momose from The Willow created this jewel, pun intended.
If you get a chance to get to Baltimore, MD visit The Willow and have Julia make some of her creations.