- 1 1/2 oz. Fennel Frond Infused Vodka.
- 3/4 oz. Bay Leaf Infused Syrup.
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice.
- 2 dashes Peyshauds Bitters.
- Add ingredients into shaker.
- Shake vigorously, strain into Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with Fennel Frond
Side Note: How to make Fennel Frond Vodka: 3 cups of Vodka and 1 cup of Fennel Frond. Infused for 3 days, then strained off.
How to make Bay Leaf Infused Syrup: 1 liter of water over medium heat with one Bay Leaf. Let it come to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the water starts to reduce. Then pour the water in a measuring glass and mix in an equal amount of sugar.
Once again we have Julia Momose of “The Willow” to thank for this creation. On top of that, she just created this drink this week. I suggest that if you are in Baltimore you stop in The Willow and ask Julia to make you some of her drinks.